1. This is Jenn Carter and Solomon Chau, a young Canadian couple from Toronto.
2. In December 2014, the couple were excitedly planning their wedding for this summer when Chau found out he had liver cancer. After he had surgery, he was told he would recover, his family and friends wrote on a GoFundMe page.
3. But in March, Chau learned his cancer had spread. The young chef was told he had only months to live.
4. After the couple learned the news, their family and friends decided to try to raise money so that they could get married as soon as possible. They launched a GoFundMe page to pay for the wedding and raised $52,000.
5. Just one month later, on April 11, Carter and Chau had their dream wedding.
“The way that his cancer was, he was in a lot of pain in his shoulders,” Chau’s friend Jordan Nunn told the Toronto Star, “but I’m telling you he was standing tall when he married Jenn.”
6. Chau wrote on Facebook that it was the “most memorable day of our lives.”
7. The couple were married for 128 days before Chau died on Aug. 17. His funeral was on Saturday, the day the couple had originally planned to get married, according to the Toronto Star.
“I’m forever in your debt for showing me what love really is all about, and we learned more about it at 26 than some will learn in a lifetime,” Carter wrote on Facebook.
“You and I should have been able to live the next 60 years of our lives together, but I’m still forever thankful that God gave us eight incredible years.”